Monday, March 26, 2012

Day 1 - Mike & Kristen's Advocare 24-Day Challenge

Day 1 is almost in the books. Overall, the day went well and the dietary program was pretty easy to follow. If you want some details on the basic pattern of the first 10 days of the challenge (the cleanse portion), this link has the essential information: http://www.advotips.com/wp-content/uploads/Cleanse-Sept-2010-2.pdf

I've been thinking about the best way to report our challenge experience and I think the best way will be to highly notable parts of my day. Which products do I like? Dislike? Something else of interest? You get the drift. We're going to report our weight loss progress every 6 days during the challenge. I think that should give a fairly accurate assessment of our progres without dwelling on each individual scale reading.

So here are my initial thoughts from the first day:

It's definitely advisable to take the herbal cleanse tablets at night right before you go to bed. Kristen slept completely through the night, but I did have to get up once to use the bathroom. With these cleanse tablets and the frequent water consumption throughout the day, I am anticipating that I'm going to be taking potty breaks a little more often than usual for the next 24 days.

Overall, I'm very impressed by the taste of the products. I had been warned that the fiber drink isn't very good and you just have to choke it down, but I actually found myself sipping it at a leisurely pace and enjoying it a little bit. Kristen also felt the same way. If that's the worst-tasting part of the challenge, then the taste of the products definitely won't be an impediment to success. I had a chocolate meal replacement shake for lunch and that had a great taste as well.

With 5 opportunities to eat or snack today, I can honestly say that I did not go hungry. I really like the opportunities for the mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks to bridge the gap between meals.

The only other thing of note today is that I think I might be going through a little bit of carbohydrate withdrawl. Basically, I just started to get a low level headache late in the day. I really don't think it's anything too remarkable and the same thing happened when I cut out carbs while briefly fooling around with the South Beach Diet several years ago. A couple more days and it should become a non-event.

Well that's about it for today. I'm not sure that I'll leave a post for every single day of the challenge, but I'll at least leave a progress update every couple days or so.

One down, 23 more to go!

If you want to explore the Advocare site more for additional details, here's our link:
www.reclaimyourbodyandlife.com



As with every post that I'll make, here's my disclaimer:

I am a physician and protecting my medical career is of paramount importance to me. I have researched the Advocare products thoroughly and my wife and I have chosen to use them for our own personal weight loss endeavor. However, I will not provide an official medical opinion with regards to the safety and efficacy of the products for others. I've put in too many years of hard work to put my medical license at risk. Basically, I've chosen to use Advocare products for myself and you'll have to decide for yourself or consult with your personal physician to figure out if these products are safe for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment