Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day 2 - Mike & Kristen's Advocare 24-Day Challenge

The challenge has gone pretty well so far! I won't spill the beans and share our current results, but I am very confident that we will both be happy with the numbers that we see on the scale at the end of Week One.

I have had several people ask me about the diet during these first 2 days. Many people have never heard of Advocare, so I've found myself starting from the beginning and then trying to explain it. I start by explaining that it's a 2-part challenge with a cleanse phase for the first 10 days followed by a little more liberal last 14 days that helps increase your energy level, fuel your metabolism, and control your appetite while you continue to shed pounds. You have to focus on eating better while using their supplements and meal replacement shakes to facilitate the weight loss.

A couple people have basically mentioned that this isn't much different than just modifying your diet by eating better and cutting the carbs. In a way, they might be right. But here is where I have started to see my mentality towards this challenge change from a healthy dose of skepticism to guarded optimism. I have tried straight up diet modification (no carbs, a lot of salads, and a lot of chicken). Kristen and I tend to stick to it pretty well for a few days, but then without the structure of a program to follow, we quickly fall off the wagon. It's not long that I start drinking a lot of Diet Dr. Pepper and making those extra stops in the cafeteria for some Doritos and pretzels (my co-residents know exactly what I'm talking about). I am hopeful that the 24-day challenge will keep me focused and on track and that the products will deliver on their promise to help me shed the pounds. When you really think about it, the 24-Day Challenge Bundle is going to end up costing us less than $10 per day (per person). If the pounds continue to come off, then the monetary investment will be well worth it!

It's still WAY too early to judge the effectiveness of this program, but I am cautiously optimistic that these products are going to "deliver the goods!"

If you want to explore the Advocare site more for additional details, here's our link:
www.reclaimyourbodyandlife.com


As with every post that I'll make, here's my disclaimer:

I am a physician and protecting my medical career is of paramount importance to me. I have researched the Advocare products thoroughly and my wife and I have chosen to use them for our own personal weight loss endeavor. However, I will not provide an official medical opinion with regards to the safety and efficacy of the products for others. I've put in too many years of hard work to put my medical license at risk. Basically, I've chosen to use Advocare products for myself and you'll have to decide for yourself or consult with your personal physician to figure out if these products are safe for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment