Saturday, March 31, 2012

Day 6 - Mike & Kristen's Advocare 24-Day Challenge

I have to start today's entry off a little differently...GO BUCKS!!!!!!! I'm incredibly excited for OSU's matchup against Kansas in the Final Four tonight!

As for the challenge, it continues to go as well as I could have hoped. Last night was a lot of fun. We went over the house of the couple that we probably consider to be our best friends in Cincinnati. We have had dinner with them countless times...occasionally we order Indian, sometimes we grill steaks, and other times we hit up a restaurant that we enjoy. Last night had a little different spin. Renee grilled salmon to perfection and supplemented it with asparagus and whole grain rice. The meal was delicious and it was a very healthy alternative to our typical meals. It was a little tough watching Alex and Renee enjoy a couple tasty adult beverages, but the "no alcohol" phase of the challenge is only supposed to be strictly enforced for the first 10 days. I'm happy to report that I was able to abstain from grabbing one of those ice cold brews and my will power won out in the end.

The one lesson that I took from the beer temptation is that, by this point in the challenge, discipline and will power are the most important aspects of sticking to the weight loss plan. When the temptations aren't present, this diet has been pretty easy. With the opportunity for 5 meals/snacks per day, I can honestly say that "hunger pains" have been virtually nonexistent. It's harder when you see your buddy cracking a brewsky, but you have to keep your eye on the prize!

One other thought: When you think you might be around someone that's drinking and you think you might be tempted to join in, mix up a Spark to drink instead. You may still be wanting that beer, but the Sparks taste great and their an upgrade over pure water.

Alright, time to get ready to watch some basketball! GO BUCKS!!!


If you want to explore the Advocare site more for additional details, here's our link:
http://www.reclaimyourbodyandlife.com/

As with every post that I'll make, here's my disclaimer:

I am a physician and protecting my medical career is of paramount importance to me. I have researched the Advocare products thoroughly and my wife and I have chosen to use them for our own personal weight loss endeavor. However, I will not provide an official medical opinion with regards to the safety and efficacy of the products for others. I've put in too many years of hard work to put my medical license at risk. Basically, I've chosen to use Advocare products for myself and you'll have to decide for yourself or consult with your personal physician to figure out if these products are safe for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment