Friday, April 6, 2012

Day 12 - Mike & Kristen's Advocare 24-Day Challenge

So I fell asleep last night while starting to type up yesterday's blog post. I was going to write something about making goals and reassessing them as the challenge progresses. But then I heard some horrible news before leaving for work this morning and all of a sudden blogging about weight loss became a lot less important today.

Chris "Slaughterhouse" Smith was a guy that I had met on a few occasions. I had met him through my friend, Dan, and Chris' personality was infectious. He was always happy and fun to be around. Chris was the kind of guy that, after a few minutes of talking to him, you could have sworn you had been friends for years. Last night, the unimaginable happened and Chris was taken from us far too soon. He was the innocent victim of a senseless act of reckless driving by another person. Here is the link with the details of the crash:

http://www.examiner.com/mma-in-cincinnati/professional-mma-fighter-chris-smith-killed-car-crash

When I first met Chris, he was a big guy that wasn't in the best shape. However, shortly after that first meeting he started mixed martial arts (MMA) training. He soon took on the Slaughterhouse moniker and got in amazing shape (you can tell from the picture in that link). Kristen and I actually went to see him fight a while ago in an amateur event and he completely manhandled the guy he faced. His MMA career was still on its way up when this tragic accident happened yesterday.

I'll get back to blogging about our challenge experience tomorrow, but I wanted to use today to talk about a great guy who lost his life far too soon.



If you want to explore the Advocare site more for additional details, here's our link:
http://www.reclaimyourbodyandlife.com/

As with every post that I'll make, here's my disclaimer:

I am a physician and protecting my medical career is of paramount importance to me. I have researched the Advocare products thoroughly and my wife and I have chosen to use them for our own personal weight loss endeavor. However, I will not provide an official medical opinion with regards to the safety and efficacy of the products for others. I've put in too many years of hard work to put my medical license at risk. Basically, I've chosen to use Advocare products for myself and you'll have to decide for yourself or consult with your personal physician to figure out if these products are safe for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment