Sunday, April 8, 2012

Day 13 - Mike & Kristen's Advocare 24-Day Challenge

According to the dictionary, a goal is "the result or achievement toward which effort is directed; aim; end." Everyone's weight loss program starts with one or more goals in mind. People usually formulate a series of results that they want to achieve. It may be a specific goal weight for which you are shooting. Maybe you want to look better in your swimsuit during an upcoming vacation. Or you may be in a competition with others and your main goal is to be the "biggest loser."

My pre-challenge goal was to get below 200 lbs. Starting at 214 lbs, I thought that it would be quite an accomplishment to lose 14 or 15 lbs in a 24 day period. A little over 3 weeks...lose 4 or 5 lbs a week. Seems tough, but possible, right?

With the help of Advocare, I broke through the 200 lb barrier on DAY 12! That's 15 lbs in 12 days using the Advocare supplements, healthy eating, and moderate exercise.



I was definitely somewhat skeptical 2 weeks ago at this time, but I am now completely convinced that the Advocare system teamed with a little hard work and self restraint produces results.

I now have a new goal for the next 11 days of the challenge: I want to be down to 194 lbs by the end of the challenge. Based upon the weight loss I've experienced so far, I may be selling myself a little short. But if I get there early, then I'll reassess and shoot for a lower goal! My ultimate weight loss target is 180 lbs. I definitely don't expect to get anywhere close to that number in 24 days, but I hope to get there by the end of June.

What are your goals? Do you have a weight loss goal in mind? Do you have a vacation right around the corner? Or maybe a wedding? No matter whether you choose the Advocare 24-Day Challenge or another weight loss program, make sure that you set goals and reassess them frequently. Aim big and shoot for the stars, but don't forget to set some intermediate milestones to reach along the way.



If you want to explore the Advocare site more for additional details, here's our link:
www.reclaimyourbodyandlife.com

As with every post that I'll make, here's my disclaimer:

I am a physician and protecting my medical career is of paramount importance to me. I have researched the Advocare products thoroughly and my wife and I have chosen to use them for our own personal weight loss endeavor. However, I will not provide an official medical opinion with regards to the safety and efficacy of the products for others. I've put in too many years of hard work to put my medical license at risk. Basically, I've chosen to use Advocare products for myself and you'll have to decide for yourself or consult with your personal physician to figure out if these products are safe for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment