Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 16 - Mike & Kristen's Advocare 24-Day Challenge

I decided to have a little fun today and I created a logo for the blog. It's pretty simple, but I've never claimed to be a graphic designer! The 214 refers to my starting weight for the challenge, so the white triangle is supposed to represent a scale...and 214 is a number that I never plan to see on my personal scale ever again!


The other exciting part of my day as it relates to the challenge is that I found a great recipe for chicken tostadas when I was at Meijer today. I stopped by the store on my way home from work to pick up some chicken and while I was walking through the meat department I saw a rack of free, healthy recipes on notecards. A dozen or so recipes caught my eye, but the one that I chose to make for dinner tonight was "Lightened-Up Chicken Tostadas." To make a long story short, they turned out to be fantastic! Kristen can be a tough critic when it comes to new recipes that I try, so for her to love it adds a lot of credence to the dish in my book. Furthermore, the tostadas were only 350 calories per serving. I tried to quickly look for a link to the recipe on the Meijer Mealbox website, but I couldn't find the exact recipe that was on the card I picked up in the store. Keep an eye out for it the next time you head to Meijer!

Product of the Day:

Herbal Cleanse

Part 1: Fiber Drink

The Herbal Cleanse encompasses the major components of the first 10 days of the challenge, called the Cleanse Phase. The Herbal Cleanse system helps to flush the toxins and waste from your body. There are three parts of the Cleanse Phase: Fiber Drink, ProBiotic Restore Ultra, and Herbal Cleanse Tablet. Today I will focus on the Fiber Drink.

As the name implies, this drink is loaded with a mixture of fiber. Each serving contains 10 grams of soluble and insoluble dietary fiber. As you would expect, the Fiber Drink helps to move toxins and waste through your GI tract while simultaneously improving intestinal nutrient absorption.

You will have the Fiber Drink in the morning with your breakfast on days 1-3 and 8-10 of the challenge. The drink is pretty thick and "grainy," but the citrus taste helps to make the drink reasonably palpable. I'll put it this way, it doesn't taste great, so you just have to put it down quickly. So far, it really is the only part of the challenge that doesn't taste well, but the benefits from flushing your GI tract with this drink is more than worth it! I am confident that this drink played a huge part in my quick weight loss.

One other notable point with regards to the fiber drink, there are some reports that the 24-Day Challenge can be particularly helpful for people with conditions like IBS. If that is truly the case, I am sure that the fiber drink plays a central role in helping to regulate your body. Just a thought...

Tomorrow and Thursday I will highlight the other 2 pieces of the Herbal Cleanse kit.
If you want to explore the Advocare site more for additional details, here's our link:
http://www.reclaimyourbodyandlife.com/

As with every post that I'll make, here's my disclaimer:

I am a physician and protecting my medical career is of paramount importance to me. I have researched the Advocare products thoroughly and my wife and I have chosen to use them for our own personal weight loss endeavor. However, I will not provide an official medical opinion with regards to the safety and efficacy of the products for others. I've put in too many years of hard work to put my medical license at risk. Basically, I've chosen to use Advocare products for myself and you'll have to decide for yourself or consult with your personal physician to figure out if these products are safe for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment